This model is equipped with a factory installed LokSound Select Dual-Mode decoder which allows your Gold Series model to be used on DC and DCC layouts.
Please note that the Atlas Quantum Engineer will NOT operate an Atlas Gold Series locomotive equipped with a LokSound Select decoder on an analog (DC) layout. However, the sound and lighting functions of the LokSound Select decoder can be controlled by an easy-to-use basic DCC system.
Also note that on a DC-powered layout, a DCC and sound equipped locomotive CANNOT be consisted with another locomotive that does not also have both DCC and sound. This does not apply to DCC-equipped models operating on a DCC layout.
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28
- a total of six DCC function outputs are available
- follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices
- over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more
- Sixteen user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals
- manual and automatic notching modes with the ability to change modes "on-the-fly" are provided for true realism
- equipped with AccuMate® couplers
- five pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
- directional lighting with Golden-white LEDs
- fully assembled and factory finished
- detailed cab with crew
- walkway safety tread
- MU and trainline hoses
- separately applied scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
- realistic die-cast underframe
- movable drop steps
- coupler cut levers
- etched metal radiator and dynamic brake fans (included where appropriate per road name)
- dynamic brake options: standard range, extended range or non-dynamic brake hatch used where appropriate per road name
- 3,600 gallon fuel tank