HO Scale | WP (2 Rd #'s Avail) EMD FP45 (DCC & Sound)|
OH Pre-Order Price: $263.48
This is a future release from Athearn Genesis. You may pre-order this item from our site to secure your model from this production. No payment is due at the time of placing your pre-order. You will be notified upon delivery of the model(s) and we will then make arrangements to finalize your purchase.
Please note the item price is set to $0.00 for the purpose of pre-ordering only. We do not want to collect payment well in advance of the models' arrival. The OH Pre-Order Price listed above is the amount that will be billed per model at the time of delivery. Shipping charges will be added at that time.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for call 765.289.4257 if you need to adjust your order before the models arrive.
This sound-equipped model has a factory installed Onboard DCC decoder with SoundTraxx Tsunami2 sound. The sound operates in both DC and DCC environments. When operating in DC, the engine, horn and bell sounds will work. Full DCC functionality when operating in DCC such as ability to program a multiple unit (MU) lashup with lead unit only horn, bell and lights. Many functions can be altered via Configuration Value (CV) changes - CV chart included.
- Genesis driveline with 5-pole skew wound motor with flywheels, and multi-link drivetrain for trouble free operation
- all-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth and quiet operation
- all-wheel electrical pick-up provides reliable current flow
- wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- LED lighting for realistic appearance
- McHenry scale knuckle couplers
- heavy die-cast frame for greater traction and more pulling power
- 18" minimum radius
- 22" recommended radius
- fully assembled and factory finished
- coupler cut levers
- flexible rubber trainline hose
- flexible rubber MU hoses
- see through cab windows
- full cab interior
- walkway tread
- fine-scale Celcon handrails for scale appearance
- windshield wipers
- lift rings
- wire grab irons
- detailed fuel tank with fuel fillers, fuel gauges and breather pipes
- sander lines
- flush mounted porthole window glass
- Flexicoil-C sideframes with high brake cylinders
- Road Specific details include:
- -In the late 1960s, WP found itself losing money on the California Zephyr, EMD approached WP with an attractive sales proposition. Their new FP45 locomotive could serve equally well in passenger or freight service, and WP took notice. EMD also offered a generous trade-in credit for WP's tired FP7 locomotives, along with a quick delivery time, since the units would be built concurrently with Santa Fe's. Realizing the potential of a locomotive which could be converted easily to freight service, WP placed their order.